Thank you for your submission. This expression of interest is now closed.
Working closely with Elders in creating a response to the complex needs of urban Indigenous youth, United Way is developing an Indigenous Youth Hub, a physical gathering space for youth in Calgary that will provide a wholistic approach to healing from intergenerational trauma.
The creation of an Indigenous Youth Hub supports our journey of building trusting, respectful, reciprocal relationships with Indigenous communities, builds on the work of Natoo’si, and reflects United Way’s Board-approved 2018 Kids Investment Strategy. Agencies and groups interested in being an Indigenous partner involved in the design and implementation of the Hub, were invited to apply through this Expression of Interest.
An Indigenous partnership is based in reciprocity, trust, and respect. It is one that has achieved ethical space with all partners or is working to do so to fully understand and welcome each other’s worldviews. Each partner will have a meaningful role, have the same intentions, and participate and contribute in a good way, characterized by working with Elders and engaging in kind dialogue. This type of partnership welcomes, learns from, and practices Indigenous ways of knowing, being, and doing, as well as being able to operate in the western world.
What you need to know:
- Applicants must be Indigenous-led organizations with strong Indigenous partnerships.
- Applicants must be Indigenous youth focused with a strong track record of success in serving Indigenous youth.
- The Expression of Interest was open to agencies and groups that would like to partner with United Way in operating the Hub.
- To accommodate both Indigenous and western ways of working, applicants were required to apply in both written and oral (video) submission.
- Three-year funding agreements will take effect on July 1, 2018.
- March 26 – Expression of Interest process opens
- March 28 – Community information session
- April 20 by 4:00 p.m. – Applications due. No exceptions.
- July 1 – Funding agreement start date
- Indigenous Youth Hub Expression of Interest – Guidebook
- Indigenous Youth Hub Expression of Interest – FAQs
If you have any questions about this project or the application process, please contact: