Leadership Giving Levels & Tax Benefits
What makes a Leader?
A Leader is bold, strategic and passionate.
Leaders step up to make a difference.
Our city needs you to lead change.
As a Leadership Donor with United Way, you are creating an impact because:
- Your investment is strategically directed where it is needed most in our city.
- Our programs, initiatives and collaboratives are rigorously evaluated to ensure your gift has the greatest impact possible.
- You are supporting your fellow Calgarians to thrive.
“Investing in United Way is important, because you truly are investing in your community. And you’re investing in somebody else’s future. You never know, you might be investing in your own.”
– Mark Roblin, United Way Leadership Donor
Anyone can be a Leader.
With different giving levels to suit your charitable contributions, anyone can be a Leader.
- Bronze Leader $1,200 - $2,499 annually
- Your investment of $1,200 provides the necessary legal support to allow a woman leaving an abusive relationship to live independently.
- Silver Leader $2,500 - $4,999 annually
- Your investment of $2,500 provides housing and food assistance for six months for one individual who has been laid off.
- Gold Leader $5,000 - $9,999 annually
- Your investment of $5,000 provides furniture and household items to five youth transitioning from homelessness into housing.
Leadership Donor Benefits
In addition to knowing you are making a meaningful difference in Calgary, as a Leadership Donor you will also receive a valuable tax receipt, recognition in our annual Honour Roll, a unique Leadership Donor badge for your email signature, updates on the impact of your gift via the Leaderslink e-newsletter, and invitations to exclusive events. Leadership Donors are also eligible to become members of the Women’s Leadership Council (WLC).
Leadership Donor Tax Credits
Giving to United Way has many benefits, both to our community and to you. Your donation of cash, securities and other assets is eligible for charitable tax credits, which can reduce the federal and provincial income tax you pay each year.
The following chart illustrates the considerable tax savings Leaders receive for each level of giving:
First-Time Donor’s Super Credit (FDSC)
The government of Canada offers a tax incentive of an additional 25% in tax credits on donations of up to $1,000 for first time donors and donors who haven't claimed a donation since 2007. You can learn more about this new incentive on Canada Revenue Agency's website.
The difference the FDSC makes on a donation of $1,000: