Leadership Giving Levels & Tax Benefits
What makes a Leader?
A Leader is bold, strategic and passionate.
Leaders step up to make a difference.
Our city needs you to lead change.
As a Leadership Donor with United Way, you are creating an impact because:
- Your investment is strategically directed where it is needed most in our city.
- Our programs, initiatives and collaboratives are rigorously evaluated to ensure your gift has the greatest impact possible.
- You are supporting your fellow Calgarians to thrive.
“Investing in United Way is important, because you truly are investing in your community. And you’re investing in somebody else’s future. You never know, you might be investing in your own.”
– Mark Roblin, United Way Leadership Donor
Anyone can be a Leader.
With different giving levels to suit your charitable contributions, anyone can be a Leader.
- Bronze Leader $1,200 - $2,499 annually
- Your investment of $1,200 provides 48 seniors with one month supply of fresh produce.
- Silver Leader $2,500 - $4,999 annually
- Your investment of $2,500 provides rent to a refugee family of six for two months.
- Gold Leader $5,000 - $9,999 annually
- Your investment of $5,000 provides backpacks of school supplies for 200 kids starting kindergarten.
Leadership Donor Tax Credits
Giving to United Way has many benefits, both to our community and to you. Your donation of cash, securities and other assets is eligible for charitable tax credits, which can reduce the federal and provincial income tax you pay each year.
The following chart illustrates the considerable tax savings Leaders receive for each level of giving: