Our Day of Caring® volunteer opportunities are a great way for you and your co-workers to team up and get involved in our community. These opportunities boost morale, promote team-building and promote your company’s visibility in the community. They also actively involve you in improving the community through direct assistance to a local organization.
Opportunities might include:
- Sponsoring, preparing and serving meals
- Special event assistance
- Donation sorting
- Outdoor gardening or landscaping
- Touring an agency
How much time does it take?
- There is flexibility, but generally a minimum of 2 hours, up to 8 hours, depending on the project.
- Some projects may span multiple days, depending on their complexity.
How many people can participate?
- Can accommodate 2 to 45 volunteers.
Do we need to leave the office?
Yes. Most are offsite, at community organization facilities or sites.
How far in advance can we book this activity?
- A minimum 3 weeks of planning.
- Larger, more complex projects (such as painting or construction projects) may require more time to plan.
Can I choose the area of interest for the activity?
- Please let our team know if you are interested in a particular focus area, such as Overcoming Poverty, Successful Kids or Strong Communities.
Other important information about Day of Caring®:
- Projects are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Our Day of Caring® program is especially busy during United Way’s Campaign season (September - December) and we may not be able to match all teams with a Day of Caring® project.
- Organizations can participate in Day of Caring® opportunities year round.
For opportunities and questions, please contact us at 403-231-2615 or email our Day of Caring® team.