Gibsons employees pull a truck during their annual United Way workplace campaign fundraising event

Special events are a great way to build excitement and awareness during your campaign. Events are best held later in your campaign, after your pledge period.

Below you can find event ideas and best practices and obtain an AGLC licence for your event. If you have any questions about your event, please contact your campaign manager.


Event Ideas & Best Practices

Campaign Themes and Event Ideas

Events in 10 Easy Steps

Event Planning Checklist

Event Image Release Form

General Image Release Poster


Gaming Special Events

When hosting events such as bingos and raffles, you require a licence from the Alberta Liquor and Gaming Commission (AGLC). This overview can help with your planning. If you have any questions, please contact your campaign manager.

Raffle, 50/50 or Bingo

United Way can apply for a raffle, 50/50, or bingo licence on behalf of your company if the estimated total gross revenue is less than $9,999. Please complete the 50/50 or Raffle Licence Request Form and send it to our License Coordinator.

For more information, please visit the AGLC website.


Tax Receipts and Special Events

Many special events qualify for tax receipts. To learn more, take a look at the request forms or contact your campaign manager.